Monday, March 24, 2014

Pancakes, Pine Trees, and Maple Syrup

Saturday, mummy dragged me out of bed early to go to a pancake breakfast with her and daddy at Cummings Nature Center. I fell out of bed (yes, I really did. I'm not exaggerating), got changed and packed up Sockie, and away we went. The drive was long, but it was so very pretty. I like driving around in the country, even if I am half asleep and longing to be back in my warm bed.

When we got there, we got our meal tickets and made our way downstairs, where we were handed our delicious meals. Doesn't it look good? They make the syrup there at the nature center.




There's mummy and Sockie, full and happy after our yummy breakfast.



After that, we went back upstairs and looked at the mounted animals and birds. That is where Sockie met a bear...



Then Sockie met another bear. ...Or at least, part of one. I think Sockie likes bears.



After we moseyed around in there, we watched a short video about maple syrup and then we looked at the turtles.



We then decided to go outside for a short bit. It was chilly, so we didn't spend too much time out there, but I only wanted to see one thing. That one thing was this path. It is probably my favourite spot in all of NY. I'd like to go back this summer. It's absolutely gorgeous then! 



Sockie wanted to hang around in a tree while I gazed down the path.



I wish I had warmer gear that day. I like cross-country skiing. It's been years since I've done it.



We had a great morning out. That breakfast filled me for a while and the drive home was just as wonderful as the drive there. When I got home, I took a long nap. I definitely needed one! I do hope I can go back to Cummings this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Charming blog! Love your story line and the pictures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete