Monday, April 14, 2014

A Saturday With Biking and Juggling

This past Saturday, Sockie and I decided to go out and meet my best friend, Rachel, at a juggling event. Originally we were going to go downtown and go to a Bollywood workshop thingamajig at the library, but in the end best friend won over Bollywood. Being a silly person, I didn't check the bus schedules early enough and we ended up missing the bus. So...I decided to bike! Hey, why not? It was only a few miles and it was warm out. Thus began our adventure...

I knew of a nice, pretty trail that would lead me where I wanted to go, so I started off on it. Here is where Sockie and I stopped for a water break. Isn't that little body of water just gorgeous?





Sockie waiting patiently as I drank my refreshing cold water.




The trail ahead of us! It's much nicer and greener in the summer.




After biking for a bit, I took another small breather. Ah, I've always been fascinated by that building in the background... I'm not sure why.


These wires seem to stretch on for a long time. I think it's cool! Electrical wires have always been so beautiful to me in the strangest way since I was very little.




After 40 minutes of biking, Sockie and I finally made it to the college where the juggling event was being held. We met up with Rachel and her boyfriend and we got something to eat. While we were eating, Rachel tied up Sockie and turned him into a pretzel. It's a shame I didn't get a picture of that. After that, we went back and talked and sat on the bleachers for a while. Here's Sockie posing in front of the jugglers in the background.


I didn't take any more pictures after that, but we ended up going to see a really cool juggling show that night with Rachel's brother in it. It was amazing! Those people were so good at what they did. I wish I could juggle. Unfortunately, it is not a skill I've ever been able to pick up. Maybe one day... ;)

I had a delightful time hanging out with everyone that day and they all loved seeing Sockie. Definitely a great Saturday!

1 comment: