Monday, April 7, 2014

A Birthday Night Out

A little note: I was going to post this last week, but unfortunately I've been very sick and unable to write for long periods of time so I did not. Oh well. Better late than never!


On the last Friday in March, I decided to do something fun for my birthday (which was actually that Sunday, but eh), so I went out for a night on the town with Sockie. I was originally going to go to a favourite restaurant of mine, but by the time I got home from various activities and errands, it was too late to make a reservation. So, being moi, I decided to just wing it and find something. Sockie and I caught the bus around 6 and made it downtown, where I reached my first destination, Java's. I think it is quite possibly one of my favourite places to go. It's a little cafe, tucked away on a little side street, right by the Eatsman Theatre. When I got in, I ordered my drink and sat at a little table in the back of the establishment. It's a wonderful place to relax.

My yummy drink! I don't remember the name exactly, something like a "caramel catapan," but it was a delicious creation made with a double shot of espresso, milk, and caramel.


The wall near where I was seated. I really like the art everywhere!

Downstairs, they have the bathrooms and a room with some pool tables. Sockie decided to chill out on one. ;)

After Java's, I was hungry for dinner, so I walked down East Ave to find someplace to eat. I saw a lot of bars and fancy restaurants and more mainstream places, but I finally decided on a little Italian looking restaurant called Veneto. I walked in and they gave me a seat at the bar because there were a lot of parties there that night and it was quite full. I ordered an absolutely delicious meal of venetian free-range chicken with fettuccine, sauteed spinach, and roasted bell peppers. Mmmm, it was so good! Sockie hung out in his monkey sack while he waited for me to finish my meal. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures there, but it was a lovely place. The interior was Italian themed and the atmosphere was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend that  place and go there again myself. After I ate, Sockie and I left and walked back down towards Java's. The air was quite chilly by then, but the night was absolutely gorgeous! I love wandering downtown in the evenings.

Walking down the little street that Java's is on! I love the lights on the trees. They're so magical looking. 




 The Eastman Theatre has such cool lights. Walking under them is always fun.



 Sockie and I sat in the little park in the corner to wait for a friend to pick us up. While we were sitting there, we we looked around at the buildings and enjoyed the beauty around us. Here's Sockie just relaxing on one of the benches.



 The Eastman Theatre! Isn't it just gorgeous looking at night?




I think I had a wonderful birthday night out with my dashing date, Sockie. ;) I hope I can have another night out again sometime soon!





1 comment: